It can be very intimidating when you’re just starting to cook your own meals. It can be very helpful to have the appropriate tools in your kitchen so that your meal prep goes smoothly. One thing to remember, however, is that not all kitchen gadgets are worth it. It’s quite possible that a bunch of those gadgets is just going to end up on a shelf collecting dust. To make your kitchen both effective and efficient, here are some of our recommended kitchen gadgets. This is to make sure that you’re getting the most out of your kitchen and all the equipment you spend on it.
- Pressure cookers (similar to an Instant Pot) are definitely essentials for every kitchen. As opposed to ordinary slow cookers, a pressure cooker allows you to prepare meals in half the time it would normally take. Even on busy days, a home-cooked meal is still an option because of a pressure cooker.
- Air fryers are small, concentrated ovens that produce crisp skin-on fries, meats, veggies, and more without the oil of frying food. It makes for healthier food prep, and it allows you to prep foods in less time!
- No kitchen is complete without a blender. If big and bulky is not an option, then go for smaller blenders like a Ninja or Nutribullet. An immersion blender might even be what you’re looking for. These blenders are smaller and easier to manage and can make individual portions, too.
- Waffle irons make good waffles, but they can also make other stuff, as well. You can cook hash browns, omelets, grilled cheese, and even cookies in a waffle iron. A waffle iron is a great multi-purpose tool you’ll use often!
- A wok is a sauté pan that has a rounded bottom and smooth sides. Honestly, a few pots and pans are typically enough for most people. But, if you intend to make stir-fry, sauces, soups, etc., then a wok is what you really need. Their long handles let you hold it over a burner and shake and stir the food inside, heating the ingredients quickly and evenly. A wok might be challenging to use at first, but once you get past that stage, you will want to have a wok with you every time you cook.
- If you like avocados, you might want to get an avocado slicer for your kitchen. Take it slow when opening and slicing those slippery avocados. Using a knife can sometimes lead to small accidents. An avocado slicer is the safer way not only to open an avocado but to remove the pit and shell and create perfect-sized slices, too.
- If you’re the type to always rely on canned food for your cooking, then what you need is a trusty can opener. Get yourself one that is good quality and affordable. Getting the cheaper ones will only come back to bite you later down the road. They are not reliable, and will easily break or fail in a matter of weeks or months. Get one that will last you years.
- Also, every kitchen should at least be introduced to one of the most important kitchen tools in this day and age: the swivelpeeler. If you are constantly cooking potatoes, squash, carrots, and other vegetables, this is something you need. You need a quality peeler that will not give your hand any problems but will slice through a vegetable’s thick outer skin like butter. This swivel peeler will automatically adjust its angle according to how you hold it against the fruit or vegetable, making it very easy to peel whatever it is you’re peeling.
Is the kitchen your primary objective in a home? Don’t forget to ask about it when speaking with our Berryville property managers about our available rental homes.
We are pledged to the letter and spirit of U.S. policy for the achievement of equal housing opportunity throughout the Nation. See Equal Housing Opportunity Statement for more information.